I remember the thrill of writing letters on lovely stationary as a kid, and Maoiliosa on Etsy is producing a huge wave of nostalgia with their undeniably adorable pencils and letter sets.
Maoiliosa is run by Melissa Griffith and features delicate pieces that will make it hard not to forget about your computer and go back to old school pencil and paper. Maoiliosa's paper-wrapped pencils feature exquisite designs with leaves and flowers made with "genuine Japanese katazome washi paper" according to the store.
Check out what Maoiliosa has to offer and you may find yourself writing to that long lost pen pal.
Implications - Fusing practical items like stationary with beautiful designs attract consumers who want to experience something new while completing everyday tasks. Focusing on aesthetics could help a company increase their sales for products that are otherwise focused on function.
Maoiliosa by Melissa Griffith Features Asian-Inspired Designs
1. Practical Aesthetics - Fusing practical items with beautiful designs to cater to consumers who want to experience something new while completing everyday tasks.
2. Nostalgia Wave - Capitalizing on consumer nostalgia for the traditional form of communication with delicately-designed stationary products.
3. Japanese-inspired Designs - Introducing Japanese-inspired designs to stationary products to provide a unique and exotic element to functional items.
1. Stationary - Incorporating delicate and aesthetically pleasing designs into stationary products to cater to consumer demand for traditional paper and pen products.
2. Gift and Souvenir - Expanding the gift and souvenir industry with delicately-designed stationary products for travelers and souvenir collectors who want to take home a piece of a culture.
3. E-commerce - Exploring the potential of e-commerce platforms, such as Etsy, to provide a marketplace for niche stationary products with exquisite designs that appeal to a specific set of consumers.