Taking pills and other forms of medication can be a big hassle, not to mention an easily forgotten hassle, that the Mango Health app hopes to make much more convenient. It turns the chore into a game by implementing an earned currency system that can be redeemed for items of value. In this case, the Mango Health app lets users win gifts and make charity contributions based on the reward points racked up.
The Mango Health app also introduces a social component, which allows people to compare their adherence with others. While the Mango Health app clearly helps the individual, it is actually tackling a larger issue. As Fast Co Exist points out, "People skipping their medication adds up to hundreds of billions in health care costs." This app will help make a difference.
Mango Health Turns Taking Pills into a Rewarding Game
1. Gamified Medication Management - Using rewards and game-like features like an earned currency system to incentivize proper medication adherence.
2. Social Medication Management - Creating a social component that allows users to compare and track their own medication management with others.
3. Healthcare Cost Reduction Through Medication Management - Using technology to ensure proper medication adherence as a means of reducing healthcare costs.
1. Healthtech - Integrating technology with healthcare to optimize medication adherence.
2. Mobile App Development - Developing apps that can integrate gamification and social aspects to incentivize behavior change around medication management.
3. Pharmaceuticals - Exploring opportunities to integrate medication-tracking and management apps with medicine distribution to improve patient outcomes.