English Premier League club Manchester City and sports apparel maker PUMA have launched limited-edition soccer apparel comprising a pre-match jersey and Puma ULTRA boots that aim to commemorate the 10-year anniversary of the most famous and impactful goal in the team's history.
Both these pieces of soccer apparel commemorate the late goal by Argentine striker Sergio Aguero that helped Manchester City clinch the Premier League title with only seconds remaining on the clock during their last game of the 2011-12 season. The limited-edition soccer jerseys feature the number 93:20 which marks the amount of time on the clock when Aguero scored the iconic goal.
Meanwhile, the special-edition 93:20 ULTRA boots were designed in the same palette of the PUMA v1.11 boots that Aguero wore when he scored the historic goal.
Image Credit: Manchester City / Puma
This Collection Recalls Sergio Aguero's Historic Goal
1. Limited-edition Sports Apparel - Creating limited-edition sports apparel to commemorate historic moments in sports can create a new market for collectors and fans alike.
2. Nostalgia-inspired Fashion - Tapping into nostalgia and iconic events can generate increased interest and revenue in the fashion industry.
3. Athlete-inspired Footwear - Designing footwear inspired by athletes and iconic moments in their careers can appeal to fans and enthusiasts of the sport.
1. Sports Apparel - Creating limited-edition sports apparel can create a new market for collectors and fans alike while promoting and celebrating iconic sporting moments.
2. Fashion - Tapping into nostalgia and iconic events can generate increased interest and revenue in fashion, especially with exclusive limited-edition pieces.
3. Footwear - Designing athlete-inspired and commemorative footwear can attract fans and enthusiasts to purchase exclusive and unique styles.