After an online petition on Change.org that called for a MAC Aaliyah-inspired collection gained the support of over 26,000 people, the cosmetics giant is officially readying to make it happen.
Although the collection that honors the late singer is still in its early stages, the brand has revealed that it will be named 'One-in-a-Million,' after her famed 1996 song. A representative for the brand introduced the MAC Aaliyah-inspired collection by saying, "Aaliyah is truly one in a million — an unstoppable icon whose groundbreaking work in R&B music and film inspires us all."
The representative also acknowledged the influence that the brand's fans had on the development of the collection, saying "Today we join her countless fans in celebrating her with the announcement of the MAC Aaliyah collection. You made it happen!"
The New MAC Aaliyah Collection Was Pushed by an Online Petition
1. Celebrity-inspired Collections - Opportunities for cosmetics brands to collaborate with celebrities and develop cosmetics collections inspired by their legacy, style, or career.
2. Crowdsourced Product Development - Opportunities for companies to listen to their audience and involve them in the product development process by allowing them to vote and suggest ideas.
3. Nostalgic Branding - Opportunities for brands to tap into the emotions of consumers by representing or reviving elements of past decades or icons.
1. Cosmetics - Cosmetics companies can benefit from developing collections inspired by famous icons that have a connection to their audience.
2. Crowdsourcing - Platforms that enable crowdsourced product development and help companies to collect and analyze consumer feedback.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Agencies that specialize in marketing campaigns that tap into consumers' emotions or values related to nostalgia or popular culture.