Designer Lulin Ding has created an ultra cool way to go makeupless.
Her design project, Digitize Eyeshadow, is amazing. Lulin Ding created an LED light project that turns on and off with the blinking of an eye, to replace traditional eye shadow. The fact that eye makeup is typically seen when the eyes are closed was the inspiration behind Ding's incredibly interesting digital art project.
Lulin Ding says of her project, "[The] inital decision to use the light to paint the eyelids when you blink and close your eye. To digitize the object even more and I programmed the individual LEDs to vary their brightness."
The Digitize Eyeshadow project is a must-see for any fashion lover and tech geek.
Lulin Ding Digitized Eye Shadow Project Merges Beauty and Tech
1. Digitized Makeup - There is a growing trend towards digitizing makeup, incorporating technology into beauty products and opening up a new market for tech-driven cosmetics.
2. Smart Beauty - As more beauty products become smart, incorporating features such as LEDs and sensors, the beauty industry has an opportunity for further development in the field of tech-driven cosmetics.
3. Augmented Reality Makeup - As virtual makeup apps become increasingly popular, the development of augmented reality makeup could become a natural evolution of this trend.
1. Beauty - The beauty industry has an opportunity to incorporate more technology into their products to keep up with the digitized makeup trend.
2. Tech - The technology industry has an opportunity to partner with the beauty industry to create more smart beauty products and accessories.
3. Retail - With the growing trend of digitized makeup and smart beauty products, there is an opportunity for retail stores to incorporate more tech-driven cosmetics into their offerings.