Hammocks aren't always remarkably comfortable, yet the very concept of them incites ideas of weightlessness and relaxation. The Lucy Hammock might just be the best of both worlds, offering that sense of suspension with the support of a sturdy grounded base.
This whimsical concept is the work of the designers of Lucy.D, which actually invites an intimate experience with the outdoor environment in which one reposes. Common lawn chairs and fold-out fabric loungers tend to demand moderately level ground for firm footing, but this half-hammock hybrid contraption positions its sitter right above the tree's roots.
In order to hold someone's weight, the Lucy Hammock must be fixed securely around the trunk of a tree to create a taut backrest and a raised seat. The strong metal frame allows your bottom to hang, and up above you'll have an engaging view of the living column's canopy.
Lucy Hammock Provides Lightness of Suspension with the Stability of Legs
1. Suspended Seating - Opportunities for designing lightweight yet sturdy seating solutions that provide a sense of suspension.
2. Nature-inspired Design - Increasing popularity of furniture and product designs that incorporate elements of the natural environment.
3. Outdoor Comfort - Demand for comfortable outdoor furniture that allows individuals to fully immerse themselves in nature.
1. Furniture Design - Opportunities for creating innovative and sustainable outdoor seating solutions.
2. Garden and Landscaping - Opportunities for integrating suspended seating solutions into outdoor living areas and landscapes.
3. Eco-tourism - Opportunities for providing unique outdoor experiences for eco-conscious travelers through nature-inspired design and sustainable materials.