Ghana-based fashion label L'ORGINE returns for the Summer 2018 season with a new range surrounding an 'opposites attract and enhance' theme. The collection is comprised of clean-cut silhouettes and neat accessories. The complementary hues infused to this season's pieces draw inspiration from the impressionism movement and painters including Claude Monet. There are hues of light yellow and pastel blue predominantly seen throughout the range, with some accenting color block details with navy blue pockets, patches, and graphic prints.
The overall collection features striped shirts, monochromatic basics, lightweight anoraks, slides, and crossbody bags. The lookbook is created to emphasize the overarching theme and does so by highlighting 'opposite' skin color. The floor of the set shows that there is a tape forming a box where the models stand in. This is designed to represent how society is open for anyone to entrance and to remind consumers that race or ethnicity does not serve as a barrier.
L'ORGINE Surrounds an Opposites Attract and Enhance Theme
1. Clean-cut Silhouettes - The trend of clean-cut silhouettes in apparel offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in material technology and sustainable manufacturing processes.
2. Impressionism Inspired Hues - The trend of incorporating impressionism inspired hues in fashion opens up possibilities for disruptive innovation in textile dyeing techniques and color-matching technologies.
3. Crossbody Bags - The trend of crossbody bags in the fashion industry presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in smart bag features and sustainable materials.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry should explore disruptive innovation in sustainable manufacturing processes and textile dyeing techniques to capitalize on the clean-cut silhouettes and impressionism inspired hues trends.
2. Material Technology - The material technology industry can focus on disruptive innovation to develop sustainable and eco-friendly materials for clean-cut silhouettes and crossbody bags.
3. Textile Dyeing - The textile dyeing industry should seek opportunities for disruptive innovation in developing color-matching technologies for impressionism inspired hues in fashion.