Studiomama's Nina Tolstrup first began the 'Loops' collection back in 2012 when she crafted pieces of furniture from discarded chairs she found on the street. Taking that same concept, the Cornish-based furniture label MARK Product joined as a manufacturing partner for a London hotel, creating dining chairs. The label admired the initial collection so much that it requested Tolstrup to expand the range to comprise the full Loops collection. The range gets its name from the classic 'loops' that each design and recycled design of its story -- with the cyclicality of new chairs becoming old chairs, to becoming trash, and renewed once again into a brand new piece.
The Loops collection is comprised of lounge furniture such as sofas, chairs, armchairs, coffee tables as well as dining pieces such as benches, tables, and stools. All of which are designed to be suitable for modern hospitality, commercial areas, or contract settings.
Nina Tolstrup Created the Loops Collection for Mark Product
1. Upcycled Furniture - Opportunity to create innovative, environmentally-friendly furniture using discarded materials.
2. Circular Design - Opportunity to embrace the cyclicality of materials and create designs that can be recycled and renewed.
3. Sustainable Hospitality - Opportunity to incorporate upcycled furniture into the hospitality industry, promoting sustainable practices.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to partner with designers and create upcycled furniture collections.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate upcycled furniture into their projects, offering unique and sustainable solutions.
3. Hospitality - Opportunity for hotels and restaurants to showcase their commitment to sustainability by using upcycled furniture in their spaces.