Making big news this year is the wedding of Prince William and Catherine (aka Kate) Middleton, and many souvenir companies are cashing in on the big day. But cashing in even bigger are the royal look-alike models of William and Kate.
Life as a royal look-alike can be grand -- you can enjoy all the trappings of royal life, fame and a little bit of fortune, without all the baggage! These Prince William and Kate Middleton royal look-alike models are earning up to £1,000 a day for their appearances. Don't we all wish we had the good genes of these celebrity look-alike models? Then again, it might be annoying to be stopped in the street being asked for an autograph as a look-alike.
On April 1st, a woman named Alison Jackson staged the royal wedding in central London (see gallery), and on April 20, 2011, another Kate Middleton look-alike "revealed" her royal wedding dress. And I'm sure you've seen the T-mobile Royal Wedding Dance video that went viral on YouTube, featuring Kate and William look-alikes along with a look-alike of Queen Elizabeth.
William and Kate Royal Wedding Look-Alikes Can Make Serious Cash
1. Royal Look-alike Models - Opportunity for businesses to provide services and products catering to consumers' fascination with celebrity look-alikes, such as training programs or merchandise.
2. Souvenir Companies - Potential for businesses to create and sell unique and collectible royal wedding souvenirs that capitalize on the popularity of the event.
3. Royal Wedding Staging - Opportunity for event planning and production companies to organize staged royal wedding events for entertainment purposes.
1. Fashion and Modeling Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create a niche market for royal look-alike models and provide specialized services for events and appearances.
2. Tourism Industry - Opportunity to attract tourists by creating themed tours and experiences centered around the royal wedding, including visits to look-alike models and iconic wedding venues.
3. Entertainment Industry - Opportunity for creative content production companies to create viral videos, advertisements, and promotions featuring royal look-alike models for increased engagement and brand awareness.