Probably not the kind of roses florists will love to deliver, these "extreme roses" will be introduced in the U.S. early 2007 by Organic Bouquet.
These roses grow to six feed high, with larger flowers than other roses - more than two inches high and two inches wide - as well has a higher petal count.
Organic Bouquet also claims that the roses will last longer when in a vase.
And of course, large doesn't come cheaply. The roses will set you back $250 a dozen, but even at that price, the company is back-ordered for 100,000 for 2007.
1. Extreme Roses - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing new and unique varieties of flowers that exceed the size of traditional roses.
2. Longevity in Vase - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating new ways to extend the lifespan of cut flowers in vases.
3. Premium Floral Market - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Tapping into the high-end floral market with exclusive, luxurious flower options.
1. Floriculture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionizing the floriculture industry by introducing unconventional and high-end floral products.
2. Luxury Gifts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovating the luxury gift industry by offering premium, high-value floral arrangements.
3. Sustainable Agriculture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating sustainable practices into flower farming to cater to eco-conscious consumers seeking organic and sustainable options.