Gimbal launched a new app that will allow consumers to have more ability to determine who can access their location data. The app is titled 'LocationChoices,' and it empowers users to disallow third-party organizations that attempt to access location data for advertising purposes. The LocationChoices app is currently available for both Android and iOS users.
Gimbal's location data control app is part of a concerted effort to launch a comprehensive set of best practices surrounding data-mining. The app could be popular among privacy-conscious individuals who do not want their data to be used for advertising purposes. Additionally consumers ay connect with Gimbal's efforts to create a system that works to protect consumers from intrusive data-mining practices.
Image Credit: Gimbal
Gimbal Launched an App Allowing Consumers to Protect Their Location Data
1. Location Privacy - The LocationChoices app empowers users to disallow third-party organizations from accessing their location data, highlighting the trend towards increased control over personal information.
2. Data-mining Best Practices - Gimbal's app is part of a larger trend towards establishing comprehensive best practices for data-mining, creating disruptive innovation opportunities in the field of data privacy and security.
3. Privacy-conscious Consumer Market - The LocationChoices app could find a market among privacy-conscious individuals who are actively seeking ways to protect their personal information and avoid intrusive data-mining practices.
1. Mobile App Development - The LocationChoices app launch presents opportunities for mobile app developers to create innovative solutions that give users greater control over their privacy settings.
2. Advertising Technology - The rise of privacy-focused location apps like Gimbal's creates disruptive innovation opportunities in the advertising technology industry, where companies need to find alternative methods to target consumers without violating their privacy preferences.
3. Data Privacy and Security - Gimbal's data control app is part of a larger trend in the data privacy and security industry, as companies realize the need to address consumer concerns and develop solutions that protect personal information.