The Living Table might not be the first piece of furniture to showcase a refreshing indoor garden, but it is one of the more modern designs. Made out of wood, steel and a 3/8 inch-thick tempered glass that can handle a 180 pound load per square foot, the Living Table may boast a basic construction, but the addition of lush plant life brings it to another level. In fact, the simplicity of the Living Table allows the focus to remain on the greenery as it should.
Designed by Habitat Horticulture, a studio based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Living Table is made for urban settings. Virtually maintenance free, it simply needs to be watered once a month.
The Living Table by Habitat Horticulture is Made for Urban Homes
1. Indoor Gardening - As people move into urban settings, indoor gardening solutions like Habitat Horticulture's Living Table could revolutionize sustainability practices for homes and businesses.
2. Sustainable Furniture Design - The Living Table showcases the potential of sustainable furniture design by incorporating living plants into a functional piece of decor.
3. Minimalist Home Decor - The simplicity and sleek design of the Living Table aligns with the trend of minimalism in home decor while also providing an eco-friendly solution.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers could capitalize on the trend of sustainable design by incorporating eco-friendly features like indoor gardening into their products.
2. Interior Design - As indoor gardening becomes a more popular trend, interior designers could incorporate living furniture like the Living Table to bring nature into urban homes and businesses.
3. Sustainability Consulting - Consultants focused on sustainability could work with businesses to incorporate eco-friendly solutions like the Living Table to improve their impact on the environment and their employees' wellbeing.