I have passed by Toronto’s Lip Balm Labz many times, but never actually stopped to try their product (I usually think: this is just another lipstick counter). Had I paused for a second, I would have found out that Lip Balm Labz is not like any ordinary lip balm company. The Canadian start-up offers customers a personalized lip balm experience by letting buyers choose what flavors will go into their balms.
There are more than 20 flavors to choose from including chocolate mousse, wacky banana, and orgasmic orange. The balm itself is made of all-natural ingredients including beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter and cocoa butter. Lip Balm Labz’s ‘Mixologists’ mix and pour the hot lip balm into a container which you take with you once it’s cooled.
I think I’ll be stopping at Lip Balm Labz on my way home!
Mix and Match Your Own Lip Flavors at Lip Balm Labz
1. Personalized Lip Balm - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating a customizable lip balm experience where customers can choose their own flavors.
2. All-natural Ingredients - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing and promoting lip balm products that use all-natural ingredients.
3. Mix and Match - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering the option for customers to mix and match lip balm flavors to create unique combinations.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing customized lip balm products in the beauty and personal care industry.
2. Cosmetics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating personalized lip balm options into the cosmetics industry.
3. Natural Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the market for lip balms made with all-natural ingredients in the natural products industry.