Levis has ventured into the wireless phone business. Most of us are used to and familiar with Levis other products such their jeans, T-shirts, shoes, etc. Recently however, Levis, put out a very limited edition of a cell phone called the Red Tab.
The Red Tab comes with MP3 player, stereo bluetooth and a two megapixel camera.
"Extras include a 'premium' presentation box, a case for the handset, stereo hands free kit, a metal chain and if you like, customization with your name (up to 13 letters)," LuxuryLaunches adds. "Offered in a limited number of 100 only, it displays a tag of 550 euros ($870) and they are being sold online via cool Parisian retailer Colette."
From a design standpoint, the phone doesn't look too bad. But as far as I am concerned, I will continue dropping by the Levis Store when I go shopping for jeans. But when it comes to mobile phones, I plan to stick with the companies whose main business revolves around mobile phones. No offense Levis. I still love your jeans.
Levis Red Tab Mobile
1. Branded Tech Accessories - Levis' limited edition Red Tab cell phone showcases the potential for fashion brands to expand into tech accessory offerings.
2. Limited-run Collaborations - The 100-unit release of Levis' Red Tab phone highlights the appeal of exclusive and rare collaborative products in the market.
3. Customizable Luxury Electronics - Levis' offering of customization options for the Red Tab phone demonstrates the potential for personalized luxury electronics.
1. Fashion Retail - The release of Levis' Red Tab cell phone suggests a disruptive opportunity for fashion retailers to expand into the mobile technology market.
2. Tech Accessories - The collaboration between Levis and mobile phone technology presents a potential disruption in the tech accessories industry by introducing fashion-forward designs.
3. Luxury Electronics - The limited edition and premium features of Levis' Red Tab phone indicate an opportunity for luxury electronics brands to explore unique collaborations.