Looking through Laura Leal's portfolio, it's evident that her shots are not professional fashion photography, but that is exactly what makes them so compelling.
Laura Leal, a native of Valenica, Spain, manages to capture deftly lit portraits of women that are open-ended enough to allow the viewer to fill in their own story. Laura Leal's biggest skill as a photographer is her ability to make the backdrop of each shot another character. The tenor of each of her photographs is determined by the theme of the shot, which is an artistic technique many major fashion photographers ignore.
My favorite image in the Laura Leal portfolio features a sad-eyed woman riding a carousel, her face wearing the pain of a woman going through an internal struggle. Laura Leal's photography allows the viewer to feel the emotions of each subject -- which is exactly what any truly talented photographer can do.
Do not be surprised if you see or hear the name Laura Leal more in the near future.
Laura Leal Captures Genuine Moments of Lonely Introspection
1. Genuine Portraiture - The trend of capturing authentic and open-ended portraits that allow viewers to create their own narratives, creating a more personal and emotional connection with the subject.
2. Backdrop as a Character - The trend of using the backdrop as an integral part of the storytelling in photography, creating a deeper and more immersive experience for the viewer.
3. Emotional Photography - The trend of photography that evokes strong emotions and allows the viewer to feel the subject's emotions, leading to a more impactful and memorable experience.
1. Fine Art Photography - The fine art photography industry can explore the trend of creating genuine and emotionally evocative portraits that go beyond traditional fashion photography, appealing to a more personal and artistic audience.
2. Fashion Photography - The fashion photography industry can incorporate the trend of using the backdrop as an important element in storytelling, creating more visually captivating and narrative-driven images for campaigns and editorials.
3. Photography Education - The photography education industry can leverage the trend of emotional photography to teach aspiring photographers how to capture and convey emotions effectively, enhancing their storytelling skills and artistic expression.