NowRX and the Hyundai Motor Group have announced a new partnership for last-mile medication delivery to help expand access to essential prescriptions. The partnership will see the pilot project launched later this year with two micro-fulfillment centers in the Los Angeles area as a part of it. The pilot project will include automated dispatch, fleet management and an array of additional last-mile optimization aspects which, in the future, will include autonomous vehicle technology testing.
CEO and Co-Founder of NowRX Cary Breese spoke on the partnership for last-mile medication delivery with the Hyundai Motor Group saying, "Autonomous vehicles are part of our long-term strategic vision for NowRx to further reduce delivery costs at scale. We can’t imagine a better company to work with than the Group, which has demonstrated substantial leadership in the autonomous vehicle, and other robotics and automation areas.”
NowRX and the Hyundai Motor Group Partnered on a New Project
1. Last-mile Medication Deliveries - NowRX and Hyundai Motor Group pilot technology-driven prescription logistics solutions with autonomous vehicle technology testing.
2. Microfulfillment Centers - NowRX and Hyundai Motor Group establish microfulfillment centers to optimize last-mile prescription delivery.
3. Autonomous Vehicle Technology Testing - NowRX and Hyundai Motor Group's partnership will see autonomous vehicle technology testing for last-mile prescription deliveries.
1. Healthcare Industry - The healthcare industry can leverage microfulfillment centers and autonomous vehicles to make medication deliveries more efficient and cost-effective.
2. Automotive Industry - Automotive industry players can partner with healthcare companies to develop autonomous vehicle technology for last-mile deliveries.
3. Logistics Industry - Logistics companies can utilize microfulfillment centers and autonomous vehicles to optimize last-mile delivery options for prescription drugs and other essential items.