Planes and airports aren't the most relaxing environments, so LaGuardia's Marine Terminal implemented an anxiety-reducing, story-telling program entitled 'Landing Pages' to help travelers ease the tension of flying.
Landing Pages consists of a series of short stories which can be accessed through a traveler's smart device and played in-flight. The stories, which are narrated by Lexie Smith and Gideon Jacobs are recited to passengers as the plane descends -- a time which often causes tension, pain and even fear among some flyers.
Consumers can select from a range of stories, which include poetry, fiction and illustration. Each story was designed with the intention of reducing anxiety to improve the overall experience of flying.
Image Credit: man listening to music with headphones from GaudiLab
'Landing Pages' Aim to Ease the Tension of Flying
1. Anxiety-reducing Programs - Implementing anxiety-reducing programs like 'Landing Pages' can help ease tension and improve the flying experience for passengers.
2. In-flight Storytelling - The use of in-flight storytelling as a means to entertain and distract passengers during the descent can be a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Personalized Content Selection - Developing platforms that offer a range of personalized content, such as poetry, fiction, and illustration, can contribute to reducing anxiety and enhancing the overall flying experience.
1. Airline Services - Airline services can implement anxiety-reducing programs like 'Landing Pages' to differentiate their offerings and attract more passengers.
2. Digital Entertainment - The digital entertainment industry can explore opportunities in in-flight storytelling by collaborating with airlines to provide captivating content for passengers.
3. Travel Technology - Developing personalized content selection platforms for smart devices can be a beneficial venture for companies in the travel technology industry to enhance the flying experience for travelers.