NEC will present the KotoHana (the talking flower) at CeBit. It is interactive via the Sensibility Technology (ST) and it recognizes your feelings (happy, sad, angry, ...) and changes colour through LED's, even if you're far away from the flower (via Wireless LAN and the Internet). Source: akihabaranews.com
Implications - Due to the rise in technologies that have replaced face-to-face communication, people are finding it increasingly difficult to recognize emotions -- of others and of their own. The technology industry is responding by offering replacements that do most of the psychological detection work. Other industries can draw from this idea and create products or advertising campaigns that evoke intense emotional reactions.
1. Emotion-detecting Technologies - Developing technologies that can recognize and interpret human emotions.
2. Interactive Internet of Things (iot) - Creating interactive objects that can communicate with each other and with the internet.
3. Emotional Marketing - Utilizing emotional appeals and experiences in marketing campaigns to evoke intense emotional reactions.
1. Technology - Opportunity to develop emotion-detecting technologies for various applications, such as healthcare, customer service, and entertainment.
2. Consumer Electronics - Opportunity to create interactive IoT devices that enhance emotional experiences for users.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity to use emotional marketing techniques to create memorable and impactful campaigns that resonate with consumers.