In this Nike commercial, the Kobe Bryant sneakers are portrayed as snake-like due to their lightweight design and great grip.
This ad is part of the Kobe 8 System campaign by Nike and features the yellow and black, low-cut Kobe sneakers. In a new advertising strategy, Kobe himself doesn't appear at all in the commercial for his own sneakers. Instead, the sneakers themselves and the technology that makes them effective and unique are featured front and center.
The entire commercial is done with computer graphics and visual effects. The footage speed is ramped up before being slowed down, which creates a very dramatic visual effect that emphasizes different parts of the shoe at different times of the commercial. Things like the anatomical heel counter are shown and explained. The entire video is colored in yellow and black only.
The Kobe Bryant Sneakers Slither Like a Snake
1. Lightweight Shoe Design - Opportunity for companies to create sneakers with lightweight materials and innovative grip for enhanced performance and comfort.
2. Technology-driven Advertising - Companies can leverage computer graphics and visual effects to showcase product features and create immersive advertising experiences.
3. Celebrity-less Campaigns - Opportunity for brands to focus on product features and technology rather than celebrity endorsements in their marketing strategies.
1. Athletic Footwear - Innovative lightweight shoe design can disrupt the athletic footwear industry by offering better performance and comfort to athletes.
2. Advertising and Marketing - The use of technology-driven advertising can disrupt the traditional advertising industry by creating more engaging and memorable brand experiences.
3. Celebrity Endorsements - Brands can disrupt the celebrity endorsement industry by shifting focus towards showcasing product features and technology in their marketing campaigns.