Knitwear -- the kind where the designer actually knits the articles of clothing himself (or herself) -- is a bit of a lost art, but knitwear designer Craig Lawrence is bringing back this forgotten skill with a vengeance.
The talented knitwear designer Craig Lawrence is inspired by the “spontaneity” of his knitwear which is a very creative form of clothing design. He claims that he doesn't like to start with fabric, but rather with yarn and then built it up like a sculpture.
Knitwear Designer Craig Lawrence Showcases His Skills
1. Revival of Hand-knitting - The trend of hand-knitted clothing is on the rise and businesses can capitalize on this by reviving this lost art and adding one-of-a-kind products to their portfolios.
2. Sculptural Knitwear - Designing clothing like a sculpture reflects a new way of looking at clothing design and presents an opportunity for businesses to create unique, artful clothing.
3. Spontaneity in Clothing Design - Focusing on the creative process, spontaneous design brings an element of unpredictability and creativity that can be capitalized on by fashion companies.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers and companies can revive the art of hand-knitting and create unique and artful pieces.
2. Craft - The rise of hand-knitting presents opportunities for crafts-based industries such as the sale of yarn and other knitting supplies.
3. Art - Sculptural knitwear presents an opportunity to create wearable pieces of art that blur the lines between traditional fashion and contemporary art.