Since not every little girl or boy is lucky enough to attend a Finishing School for a proper education in etiquette, the Kniggerich placemat can help with table manners at the very least. What is essentially a cheat sheet, the Kniggerich placemat outlines every possible table setting arrangement, showing where everything goes and in what order to use it.
Cleverly created by Berlin-based designer studio llot llov, the Kniggerich placemat was named after Mr. Knigge who authored 'On Human Relations,' "a treatise on the fundamental principles of human relations that has the reputation of being the authoritative guide to behavior, politeness and etiquette," according to the designers. Although most will never follow such strict table rules, the Kniggerich placemat does show how it was to sit down to a meal centuries ago.
The Kniggerich Placemat Teaches the Rules of Table Etiquette
1. Table Etiquette Education - Opportunity to offer alternative and innovative ways of educating people on proper table etiquette like interactive VR experiences.
2. Tableware Design Innovation - Opportunity to innovate tableware design to include visual cues that easily guide users in proper table settings and proper use of utensils.
3. Cheat Sheet Tools - Opportunity to create more cheat sheet tools that help educate people in various aspects of life such as home maintenance, car repairs, and cooking.
1. Hospitality - Innovative educational approaches to proper table etiquette can improve hospitality and guest experiences.
2. Home Furnishings - Tableware design innovation can impact home furnishings by creating aesthetically pleasing and functional tableware designs.
3. Education - Development and distribution of cheat sheet tools can be incorporated into educational programs to support various areas of expertise.