Cute is mixed with macabre with these little Amigurumi crochet creations. We've written about Amigurumi--the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures--previously at Trend Hunter.
These little bunnies are called 'Moon Buns' and were created by Moons Creations. They feature an Amigurumi interpretation of stars from horror movies like 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'Psycho,' 'Carrie,' 'Rocky Horror Picture Show,' 'Hellraiser,' and 'It.'
Implications - The terrifying collection of knit bunnies is surprisingly soft compared to their evil looks. Some are even styled with pins all over their faces. If you know your horror movies, you may be able to recognize where each bunny gets its looks from!
Amigurumi Knit Rabbits Inspired by Famous Horror Flicks
1. Amigurumi Knit Rabbits - Opportunity for customized, pop culture-themed Amigurumi merchandise.
2. Cute Macabre - Disruptive innovation in combining contrasting aesthetics to create unique collectibles.
3. Horror Movie Inspiration - Potential for niche market products that appeal to horror movie enthusiasts.
1. Arts and Crafts - Opportunity for artists and crafters to create and sell custom Amigurumi creations.
2. Pop Culture Merchandise - Innovation in creating unique and collectible items based on popular culture references.
3. Movie Memorabilia - Market potential for horror movie-themed merchandise and memorabilia.