Khepri is one of many, many, many clothing companies based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York City. What it emphasizes, however, is a lifestyle -- yes, lifestyle -- grounded in sustainability and recycling practices. The handbags are made in the city from re-used and sustainable products. Examples from where the materials are sourced include military tents, grain sacks, cotton goods, old throws and vintage leather jackets.
The price point is also quite, well, Williamsburg as the totes, backpacks, weekenders and bags range from 200 dollars to over 600 dollars a pop. Khepri was founded by Emma Allen and the way the products are made means that each is a one-off piece.
Khepri on Facebook
Khepri on Twitter
Khepri is a Sustainable Handbag Company in Williamsburg, New York
1. Sustainable Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunities can arise by exploring sustainable materials and products in the fashion industry.
2. Recycled Fashion Accessories - There is potential for disruptive innovation in the creation of recycled fashion accessories, utilizing materials like military tents and vintage leather jackets.
3. Ethical and Eco-friendly Lifestyle - An opportunity for disruptive innovation lies in creating products that cater to an ethical and eco-friendly lifestyle, offering consumers sustainable choices.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has potential for disruptive innovation through the incorporation of sustainable and recycled materials.
2. Accessories - Opportunities for disruptive innovation can be found in the accessories industry by creating fashion accessories made from recycled and sustainable materials.
3. Retail - The retail industry can explore disruptive innovation by offering consumers a range of ethical and eco-friendly products that promote sustainable living.