Swiss company Mitipi, has launched a product that eliminates the fear of intruders entering a home with its 'Kevin' smart speaker. It aims to project the idea that there is always somebody at home. To do so, the Kevin smart speaker initiates lights to activate and turn off, turns the television on and off, and produces other noises. Visually, the front of the speaker looks like any sound system while the back is where it functions more technically -- projecting movement through LED lights in various directions.
It is recommended that the Kevin smart speaker is placed near the entrance of a home to give off the idea that someone is inside. In activation, it will initiate lights and sounds according to the time of day. For example, shower noises are reserved for early mornings and music or television sounds will be displayed at night. In addition to preventing intruders, the speaker aims to provide comfort for home owners as well.
Mitipi Facilitates a Secure Household with This Smart Speaker
1. Smart Home Security - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include the integration of facial recognition or other advanced security features into smart speakers, creating a more comprehensive home security system.
2. Personalized Home Automation - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include using data and machine learning to create a more personalized home automation experience, tailoring sounds and lighting to an individual's preferences and habits.
3. Iot Devices for Home Safety - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include the creation of IoT devices that can detect and respond to potential safety hazards in the home, such as fires, floods, or gas leaks.
1. Smart Home Technology - There is an opportunity for companies in the smart home technology industry to expand into the home security market, or for those already in the market to integrate new security features into their existing products.
2. AI and Machine Learning - There is an opportunity for companies in the AI and machine learning industry to develop algorithms and data analysis techniques that can be used in smart home automation and security systems.
3. Iot and Home Safety - There is an opportunity for companies in the IoT industry to develop new devices that can detect and respond to potential safety hazards in the home, or to integrate safety features into existing products like smart speakers or home assistants.