Dogfish Head X Patagonia Provisions Kernza Pils is a crisp and refreshing German-style pilsner beer made with a perennial grain that's not only delicious but also beneficial for its ability to sequester carbon from the atmosphere. The Kernza-based beer supports a climate-friendly brewing industry, along with regenerative agriculture.
Unlike most grains that are planted and harvested annually, Kernza stays in the ground year after year, developing long roots, all the while protecting soil from erosion and improving soil structure. In terms of taste, this grain is described as nutty and Kernza Pils is said to be earthy and aromatic. This perennial grain is an important part of the brewing process, along with organic malted barley and organic Contessa hops, a newly organic certified hop variety.
Dogfish Head X Patagonia Provisions Kernza Pils is a Crisp Beer
1. Perennial Grains - The use of perennial grains in food and beverage production presents an opportunity for a sustainable and environmentally-friendly agricultural industry.
2. Regenerative Agriculture - The adoption of regenerative agriculture practices can lead to more resilient and productive farms, as well as healthier ecosystems.
3. Climate-friendly Brewing - Breweries can reduce their carbon footprint by using sustainable ingredients and implementing practices that promote biodiversity and soil health.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can differentiate themselves by using innovative ingredients and sustainable production methods, appealing to consumers who value environmental stewardship.
2. Organic Agriculture - By transitioning to organic farming practices, producers can avoid harmful chemicals and synthetic fertilizers, improve soil health, and differentiate themselves in a growing market for organic products.
3. Sustainable Food - Food producers and manufacturers have an opportunity to align with consumer demand for sustainable and environmentally-friendly products, by sourcing ingredients from regenerative farms and implementing sustainable practices in their supply chains.