We have been seeing a lot of KAWS sculptures in recent months within the streetwear and fashion industry. The artist has built an extensive portfolio that spotlights collaborations on the YEEZY BOOST 700 silhouette, Uniqlo's nostalgic graphic apparel for Fall/Winter 2018 and a partnership with luxe label Dior on its Spring/Summer 2019 pop-up space. As streetwear culture is exponentially on the rise, these collaborations get notice and propel the career of the artist.
As of right now, KAWS sculptures are being celebrated through stationery and traveling exhibitions. Earlier in March, a floating KAWS: HOLIDAY installation was placed on Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour. This is followed by an indoor exhibit that spotlights a total of 37 KAWS sculptures and paintings from the artist's last decade of work.
Photo Credits: Heison Ho/Hyperbeast
Numerious KAWS Sculptures are Displayed at This Event in Hong Kong
1. Streetwear Culture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique collaborations between artists and streetwear brands to capitalize on the rising popularity of streetwear culture.
2. Artistic Collaborations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Foster partnerships between artists and luxury fashion labels to create limited edition collections and experiential pop-up spaces.
3. Traveling Art Exhibitions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative ways to showcase art through traveling exhibitions in different cities to generate wider reach and audience engagement.
1. Streetwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate unique art elements and collaborations into streetwear fashion to attract a broader consumer base.
2. Luxury Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace collaborations with contemporary artists to bring exclusive and limited edition artwork-inspired collections, capturing the attention of luxury fashion consumers.
3. Art Exhibitions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new exhibition formats and locations to create engaging experiences that attract diverse audiences and promote emerging artists.