This Save the Sea beachwear by Katharine Hamnett for Yooxygen was designed to raise awareness about ocean pollution, which is perfect timing with the recent disastrous BP oil spill. The 14-piece line features bikinis, one-pieces, coverups, swim trunks for the men and, of course, the 'Save the Sea' beach bag.
All of the clothing and bags in the line are made from sustainable fabrics, featuring organic cotton, recycled polyester and organic silk. These designs by Katharine Hamnett for Yooxygen use fashion for a great cause--getting the public to take notice of illegal dumping and ocean contamination.
The Katharine Hamnett for Yooxygen 'Save the Sea' Beachwear
1. Sustainable Swimwear - Opportunity to create swimwear using sustainable fabrics to raise awareness about environmental issues.
2. Activism Marketing - Opportunity to create clothing lines that promote social and environmental causes.
3. Eco-friendly Fashion - Opportunity to design clothing using organic and recycled materials to address sustainability concerns.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can create clothing lines that promote social and environmental causes.
2. Textile - Opportunity for textile industry to develop sustainable fabrics for swimwear.
3. Environmental - Environmental organizations can leverage fashion to raise awareness about ocean pollution and illegal dumping.