Marathoners looking for an extra boost need look no further than the Kagome tomato robot. As its name suggests, this robot is designed to feed you tomatoes. It takes the shape of a small child and sits on your back. Once you flip a switch, it begins feeding you tomatoes, stored in a case on its back with its robotic arm.
Kagome, a Japanese juice and ketchup company, created this robot along with the art group Maywa Denki. The video showing the creation of the backpack promotes the health benefits of tomatoes for runners and takes aim at bananas. According to the blog That's Nerdalicious, Dole Japan has sponsored the Japan Marathon since 2008, so the friendly sniping makes sense.
The Kagome Tomato Robot Helps Keep Marathoners Going
1. Robot-fed Nutrition - Opportunity for companies to explore the creation of robots designed to feed athletes and provide optimized nutrition during workouts or sports events.
2. Wearable Robot Assistance - Opportunity to build wearable robots that assist athletes during marathons or similar events with features such as hydration, nutrition, and tracking support.
3. Smart Health Foods - Opportunity for health food companies to explore the development of food and beverage products specifically designed for athletes and their nutritional needs before, during, and after workouts or games.
1. Nutrition and Supplements - Opportunity for nutrition and supplement companies to develop innovative products that cater to the specific needs of athletes during sports activities.
2. Fitness Equipment - Opportunity for fitness equipment companies to incorporate wearable robot technology into their products to enhance athlete performance and experience.
3. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to create smart health foods and sport drinks that provide optimal nutrition during workouts or games.