Joshua Vides follows his recent 'Reality to Idea' tour with a collaborative project done alongside accessories label Herschel Supply Co. The latest collection by the duo is comprised of a series of bags in the forms of backpacks, crossbody hip bags, and pencil cases. The main design element of the range is its sketch-informed appearance with the monochromatic color scheme of only white and black.
The bags appear to be two-dimensional through its thick black lining and clean white base. All of the pieces are constructed from a polycoat fabric material that is smooth in visual and resistant to water. This is incorporated along with tarpaulin for contrast. Additional details are screen-printed onto the bags and this visual design is inspired by Vide's signature sketch imagery. The collection is set to launch on November 5th online at the Reality to Idea website and select stocklists.
Image Credit: Herschel Supply Co.
Joshua Vides and Herschel Supply Co. Drop an Art-Infused Collection
1. Art-informed Bags - Brands can collaborate with artists to create unique and visually appealing bag designs.
2. 2d-inspired Designs - Designers can experiment with two-dimensional aesthetics to create eye-catching products.
3. Water-resistant Fashion - The use of materials that are resistant to water can provide durability and functionality to fashion products.
1. Fashion and Accessories - Fashion brands can incorporate unique design elements into their products to create a unique offering.
2. Art and Design - Artists and designers can collaborate to create visually appealing products that merge art and function.
3. Outdoor Gear - The use of water-resistant materials can provide functionality in outdoor gear, such as camping equipment and hiking gear.