Tourists seem to stick out like a sore thumb -- especially those who travel to places like New York City where Jonathan Smith did to capture these 'NY' photos. Rather than taking the predictable photos standing in front of monuments, this photographer stands behind his camera and lets his lens do the talking.
Jonathan Smith is a photographer from Birmingham, United Kingdom with a love of travel, especially across North America. His most recent trip captures iconic images of New York City from a perspective that seems almost as if he's seeing the sites through the eyes of a local. My personal favourite of Jonathan Smith's NY captures is the photo of the American flag next to a brick building, as it's simple yet the flag speaks for itself.
Jonathan Smith Captures NYC Streets as If He Was a Local
1. Authentic Travel Experiences - There is a growing demand for travel experiences that allow tourists to immerse themselves in local culture and see destinations from a local's perspective.
2. Unique Perspective Photography - Photographers who offer unique perspectives and capture destinations in a fresh and unconventional way have the opportunity to stand out and attract attention in the saturated tourism industry.
3. Storytelling Through Visuals - The use of photography as a medium to tell stories and evoke emotions is gaining popularity, creating opportunities for photographers to showcase their artistic vision and connect with audiences.
1. Travel and Tourism - Tourism businesses can capitalize on the trend of authentic travel experiences by offering curated tours and activities that allow travelers to connect with locals and discover off-the-beaten-path attractions.
2. Photography - Photography industry professionals can explore new approaches and styles to differentiate themselves and meet the demand for unique and visually captivating images.
3. Art and Design - Artists and designers can leverage the trend of storytelling through visuals to create compelling narratives and communicate their ideas in innovative ways.