Through a partnership with Revieve, J.C. Penney has recently debuted a new augmented reality and artificial intelligence-powered cosmetic experience. Customers can participate in an AI-powered skincare experience that analyses selfies and offers suggestions for a customized skincare routine using diagnostics technologies. Big and small names in the beauty industry are now integrating personalized product suggestions and customized formulations in their cosmetics. In addition, J.C. Penney has also introduced makeup try-on capabilities through AR that allow consumers to try on eyeliners, eye pencils, blushes, and more.
“Our partnership with Revieve allows us to deliver on our customers’ desire for personalization regardless of age, gender, race, skin tone, beauty regimen, or budget,” said Michelle Wlazlo, Chief Merchandising Officer at J.C. Penney.
Image Credit: J.C. Penney
J.C. Penney Recruits Revieve for an AR and AI-Based Cosmetic Experience
1. Ai-powered Skincare Analysis - Revieve partnership with J.C. Penney is pioneering an AI-powered skincare experience for personalized product suggestions and customized formulations.
2. AR Makeup Try-ons - J.C. Penney's AR makeup try-on capabilities are disrupting the cosmetic industry's traditional in-store experience.
3. Personalized Beauty Regimens - The beauty industry is increasingly integrating personalized product suggestions and customized formulations to meet consumer's desire for personalization.
1. Beauty - J.C. Penney and Revieve's partnership demonstrate a potential for disruptive innovation in the beauty industry through the integration of AR, AI, and personalized product recommendations.
2. Retail - J.C. Penney's deployment of AR technology for makeup try-ons has seen potential for disrupting traditional in-store retail experiences.
3. Technology - Revieve's AI-powered skincare experience showcases the potential for disruptive innovation in the technology industry, specifically regarding image recognition and data analysis.