Sometimes you want to be one with nature, but you don’t really like sitting outside (you know, the bugs, the animals, the grass stains), but with the Ivy Chair, you’ve got nature right at your feet—er, I mean, your back and your butt.
Designed by Satoshi Itasaka of the Japanese design firm h220430, the Ivy Chair is an arm chair enveloped by artificial white ivy. It was designed to express how we quickly forget about nature—the trees and the flowers (and um, I guess, the ivy)—but having the Ivy chair, which merges form, function, and nature will push us to think about more about nature. Right.
The Ivy Chair by Satoshi Itasaka is a Fluffy Display of White Leaves
1. Nature-inspired Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design furniture that incorporates natural elements to bring the outdoors inside.
2. Sustainable Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create furniture made from eco-friendly materials, reducing environmental impact.
3. Biophilic Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop furniture that enhances well-being by integrating nature-based elements into indoor spaces.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Rethink the traditional furniture manufacturing process to incorporate sustainable materials and nature-inspired designs.
2. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce biophilic design principles to create indoor spaces that foster a strong connection with nature.
3. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer a range of nature-inspired home decor products that elevate the aesthetic appeal while promoting sustainability.