If you thought that drone technology was just for warfare, the iTray at YO! Sushi in Soho, London, England is out to change this perception. With the creation of the iTray, this Japanese chain is setting out to pave the way for further technological advancements with regards to food.
Delivering freshly cooked foods from table to table within the restaurant, the iTray operates off of the guidance of an iPad controlled by restaurant workers. Much more than a military tool for intelligence gathering, the drone is being re-worked into everyday life and culture to innovate the way that tasks are being done, starting from the restaurant industry. With Domino's recent release of the pizza helicopter, drones are leading to an interesting chain of events within the food world.
The 'iTray' by YO! Sushi Restaurant Delivers Remarkable New Technology
1. Drone Delivery - Innovative food delivery solutions using drones continue to emerge, disrupting the traditional restaurant industry.
2. Ipad-controlled Technology - Restaurants are increasingly incorporating iPad-controlled technology to enhance their customer experience and streamline their operations.
3. In-restaurant Automation - The iTray and similar technologies are paving the way for more advanced automation systems within restaurants, reducing labor costs and improving efficiency.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry should explore drone delivery and iPad-controlled technology to improve customer experience and optimize operations.
2. Technology - The technology industry has an opportunity to innovate unmanned aerial vehicles and in-restaurant automation systems for the food industry.
3. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can benefit from incorporating drone technology to deliver items to guests or using iPad-controlled technology to improve overall customer experience.