The Isola Collection appears to be made out of oddly shaped panels. That is because the chairs and couches in the Isola Collection were inspired by rocks found on the beach. As those who have walked along pebbled seashores before will know, these rocks come in all shapes and sizes and don't group themselves accordingly. So furniture inspired by them should be just as eclectic.
Designed by an Italian duo behind Gumdesign for both Giovannetti Collezioni and Sacerdote Marmi, the Isola Collection also features simple marble tables. The pieces have been given a modern touch by way of neon yellow frames that add a pop of color to the otherwise monotonous grey cushioning. Square and rectangular with rounded edges, the Isola Collection is cartoonish.
The Isola Collection by Gumdesign is Full of Eclectic Geometric Shapes
1. Rock-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture inspired by natural elements can create unique and eclectic pieces that stand out in the market.
2. Use of Unconventional Materials - Incorporating unconventional materials such as rocks or pebbles into furniture design can set new trends and create unique designs.
3. Modernizing Classical Styles - Integrating modern elements into classical furniture styles can appeal to younger generations and update traditional designs.
1. Furniture Industry - Furniture companies can explore using unconventional materials and natural elements in their designs to create unique products.
2. Interior Design Industry - Interior designers can incorporate distinctive rock-inspired pieces into their designs to add character and contrast to spaces.
3. Home Decor Industry - The use of unconventional materials in furniture design can inspire home decor retailers to introduce new, natural elements in their product lines.