In about two weeks, Avego will launch its revolutionary free iPhone app that promises to turn your car into part-time public transportation.
After the Avego app tracks your various transit routes, they are loaded into a database, where they are linked to other Avego users who travel a similar route. GPS-enabled Avego users with the best available car are selected to receive a request for pick-up; if accepted, the driver is sent a picture of the rider to authenticate.
The driver rates the rider experience from 1 to 5 via text on the iPhone, and the cost of the gas is split between all passengers. The goal is to have enough users to ensure that booking a request by 7:30 AM yields a pick-up within a few minutes.
Since, according to Avego, most cars currently run at 85% inefficiency, this great concept seems to offer a solution to economic, energy and environmental concerns all in one shot.
Avego iPhone App
1. Crowdsourced Ride-sharing - Avego's free iPhone app turns private cars into part-time public transportation, addressing economic, energy, and environmental concerns.
2. Gps-enabled Transit Routes - Avego tracks transit routes and connects users who travel similar paths, optimizing pick-up and drop-off locations.
3. Rating-based Rider Experience - Avego allows drivers to rate passengers via text, promoting accountability and positive experiences.
1. Transportation - The transportation industry can leverage crowdsourced ride-sharing to optimize resource utilization and reduce environmental impact.
2. Technology - The Avego app showcases the potential of GPS-enabled technology to revolutionize the way people commute and share rides.
3. Environmental - Crowdsourced ride-sharing presents an opportunity for environmental organizations to promote sustainable transportation alternatives and reduce carbon emissions.