The iPhone 5 year anniversary infographic captures why this remarkable device played a key role in the company's long-term success. The first iPhone was released on June 29, 2007 and has since sold 218 million units around the world.
Although the iPod and iTunes revolutionized the music industry, the iPhone has been the real bread winner for the tech giant. The handheld device was met with some criticism in the beginning, but now accounts for over 58% of the company's annual revenue. More shockingly, the revenue of iPhone products surpasses the revenue of companies like Coca-Cola and Microsoft.
Apple has influenced industries surpassing its own, with its products becoming staples for communicating, entertainment and creative minds. The iPhone 5 year anniversary infographic contains some shocking statistics on how large this marque has become.
The iPhone 5 Year Anniversary Infographic is Thought-Provoking
1. Mobile Dominance - Mobile devices continue to dominate the technology market, providing opportunities for companies to innovate and capitalize on the trend.
2. Convergence of Industries - Apple's influence is felt beyond just the technology industry, as its products have become mainstream in a variety of sectors.
3. Revenue Over Market Cap - Apple's success with iPhone demonstrates the potential for a single product to generate more revenue than entire multi-billion dollar companies.
1. Technology - As the originator of the iPhone, Apple has set the standard for mobile devices and will continue to push the boundaries of the technology industry.
2. Entertainment - The iPhone and related devices have revolutionized the entertainment industry, creating opportunities for companies to innovate and provide new services.
3. Marketing - Marketing and advertising have been completely transformed by the rise of mobile devices, giving companies a new platform to reach consumers and measure engagement.