The Ion Hotel in Iceland is situated just outside Reykjavik, with beautiful views of the picturesque natural surroundings. The hotel is perched atop a rocky overlook, showing off the country's hills, rivers and caverns. Although it would be easy to hole up and spend all your time taking in all these great views, the hotel encourages guests to get out and take part in all the best the country has to offer. The hotel puts a focus on outdoor activity and exercise, including excursions like snorkeling, hiking, rafting, horseback riding or taking a relaxing dip in the hot springs.
For those who feel like having a real adventure in Iceland, the area is perfect for renting out a jeep to explore local lava caves and waterfalls.
The Ion Hotel Encourages Guests to Get Out and Take in Nature
1. Outdoor Experiential Travel - Providing opportunities for guests to engage in outdoor activities and interact with nature at hotels, creating a unique and immersive experience.
2. Adventure Tourism - Promoting activities like snorkeling, hiking, rafting, horseback riding, and exploring local natural wonders, encouraging travellers to seek thrilling experiences in less conventional destinations.
3. Eco-hospitality - Emphasizing sustainability and eco-friendly practices, catering to travellers who prioritize environmentally conscious accommodations and experiences.
1. Hospitality - Hotels can tap into the growing demand for experiential and adventure-focused travel by offering a range of outdoor activities and incorporating eco-friendly initiatives for a memorable stay.
2. Tourism - Tourism agencies and operators can develop specialized packages and itineraries that highlight adventure tourism and outdoor activities in unique and picturesque destinations like Iceland.
3. Sustainable Tourism - The growing interest in eco-hospitality offers opportunities for sustainable tourism initiatives, such as promoting environmentally friendly transportation options and partnering with local conservation organizations.