There is a heated debate over the sale of Mac clone computers in Russia and Germany. Apple contests that Mac clone distributors in Russia and Germany do not have the legal right to sell Mac-compatible hardware with pre-installed OSX Leopard software licensed by Apple.
The Russian Mac clone manufacturer RussianMac claims that they have the authority to resell pre-installed versions of the Apple licensed operating system because they purchased it directly from Apple. German based PearC is utilizing a similar defense to sell their brand of Mac clones.
The recent OSX battle began when US Mac clone producer Psystar tried the same marketing technique.
Apple has not been embroiled in software wars since the 1982-1988 Apple vs. Franklin court battle that forced Franklin Computer Corp. to withdraw its clones from the market, effectively closing it down.
Apple Upset Over Mac Cloning in Russia & Germany
1. Mac Clone Wars - The heated debate over the sale of Mac clone computers in Russia and Germany presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the computer hardware industry.
2. Authorized Operating Systems - The legal dispute regarding pre-installed OSX Leopard software licensed by Apple in Mac clone computers highlights the need for authorized operating systems and software distribution methods.
3. Defending Intellectual Property - The ongoing battles between Apple and Mac clone manufacturers in Russia and Germany emphasize the importance of defending intellectual property rights and establishing clear licensing agreements.
1. Computer Hardware - The Mac clone controversy sparks potential disruptive innovation in the computer hardware industry by challenging the traditional market dominance of Apple.
2. Software Distribution - The legal disputes surrounding the sale of pre-installed operating systems in Mac clone computers highlight opportunities for disruptive innovation in the software distribution industry.
3. Intellectual Property Protection - The conflict between Apple and Mac clone manufacturers in Russia and Germany necessitates innovative solutions to enforce intellectual property protection and prevent unauthorized cloning in various industries.