The Interactive Fish Tank offers people who want a pet but can't handle taking care of one an interesting solution. Similar to virtual worlds with virtual responsibilities, it is a hi-tech aquarium filled with digital fishes that will never die.
On a more sophisticated level, the Interactive Fish Tank is an "installation that explores new, wet boundaries in touch-based interfaces," as reported by The Verge. Creators Manuela Donoso and Crys Moore, Masters candidates at NYU's Interactive Telecommunication Program, were able to turn a bed of water in an effective touchscreen.
Using the Interactive Fish Tank, people can 'feed' their pixelated gold fish by tapping their finger on the surface. The fish will also follow their finger movements.
The Interactive Fish Tank Allows People to Take Care of Digital Fishes
1. Virtual Pet Technology - Creating virtual pet experiences that mimic the responsibilities of owning a real pet.
2. Touch-based Interfaces - Exploring new ways to interact with technology through touch-based interfaces.
3. Digitization of Traditional Hobbies - Transforming traditional hobbies, like caring for an aquarium, into digital experiences.
1. Technology - Integrating virtual pet technology into smart devices and interactive displays.
2. Gaming - Developing games and apps that simulate pet ownership and interaction.
3. Home Decor - Incorporating digital aquariums into home decor products and interior design.