The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf company has been around since the 60s, and this Instagram advertising campaign proves that well-established brands can always be on the cutting edge when it comes to social media. This summer, the company is encouraging people to share photos in a unique way with the #PurpleStrawCam.
The campaign takes advantage of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's iconic purple beverage straws used to serve up its summer drinks and it asks users to chop off about an inch of a purple straw to make their own low-fi analog camera filter. With the small straw clipping in hand, it's as simple as holding it up to the lens on your phone's camera to create a photo with a unique focal point and uploading it to Instagram with the #PurpleStrawCam tag.
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's Instagram Advertising Campaign Uses Straws
1. Analog Filter Campaigns - Brands can leverage creative, affordable and user-generated content by using their existing products to create unique and interactive campaigns.
2. DIY Marketing Campaigns - Brands can create buzz by encouraging customers to create branded content using simple, everyday products in a fun and creative way.
3. Social Media Interactive Campaigns - Brands can leverage social media to engage with customers in a more interactive way by creating campaigns that encourage user-generated content.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can use their products to create interactive campaigns that generate user-generated content and increase brand awareness.
2. Photography and Camera - Companies in the photography and camera industry can leverage the trend of analog filter campaigns to create products that are affordable and easy to use.
3. Social Media Marketing - Marketing and advertising agencies can help brands by creating social media interactive campaigns that engage with customers and generate user-generated content.