iDentifi is an app that can help people with visual impairments to carry out tasks that sight-enabled people take for granted. The app uses a neural network and the user's smartphone camera to recognize almost any object and describe it aloud, helping the visually impaired to more efficiently go about their days.
Even small tasks can be frustrating for someone with a significant visual impairment. For instance, it can be difficult to put sauce on a pot of pasta if one can't tell the sauce apart from their jar of jam. Using the iDentifi app, people are able to quickly determine which is which and carry on with their cooking -- or with whatever other task the app has helped with.
iDentifi Audibly Describes Objects for Visually Impaired People
1. Object-recognizing Technology - Developing object-recognizing technology can greatly assist visually impaired individuals in navigating the world.
2. Neural Network Applications - Further exploring the use of neural networks in smartphone apps can lead to more innovative solutions for people with disabilities.
3. Assistive Technology for Daily Tasks - Creating assistive technology that aids visually impaired individuals in accomplishing everyday tasks can greatly improve their quality of life.
1. Technology - The technology industry can leverage object-recognizing impairment aids to develop innovative solutions for individuals with disabilities, expanding their customer base.
2. Mobile Applications - The mobile application industry has opportunities to develop more accessible and inclusive apps that provide solutions for individuals with visual impairments, enhancing user experiences.
3. Accessibility Services - The accessibility services industry can explore implementing object-recognizing technology to create new products and services that cater to the needs of visually impaired individuals.