The North Face and HYKE Work in collaboration to design a collection for the Fall/Winter 2018 season full of navy blue and coyote brown tones. The collection is comprised of 11 pieces in both hues, elevating simplistic streetwear items that are ready for the colder season with its high-impact tech-wear sensibilities. The capsule is women-focused in design but is intricately made to be unisex with its oversized silhouettes that fall throughout the entire collection.
Some staple items include its long coats, down jackets, and waterproof trench jackets that are overly elongated. The bolero jacket and down top also function as a pullover jacket, and the Tec Air big shirt and shell skirt are designed to combat winter weather as well. In addition to its apparel offerings, there is also a selection of accessories as well including a down cape, boots, and neck gaiter. The collection is set to drop on September 19th at The North Face Japan and Isetan store locations.
The North Face and HYKE Work Together for the FW18 Season
1. Tech-wear Winter Apparel - The fusion of technology and apparel is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion industry.
2. Capsule Collection Collaboration - Collaborations between brands to create limited edition collections can create buzz and interest among consumers.
3. Gender-neutral Fashion - Gender-neutral designs can appeal to a wider audience and challenge traditional fashion norms.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can utilize technology to create innovative and functional winter wear.
2. Retail - Brands can work together to create exclusive capsule collections that can only be found in specific retail locations.
3. Outdoor Gear - The North Face's integration of technology can be applied to outdoor gear to make them more efficient and durable for winter weather.