We have previously featured underwater photography at Trend Hunter. However, the hit TV show 'Make Me a Supermodel' on Bravo takes the idea a bit further by having the models pose as fish caught in a net.
Photographer Howard Schatz captured models Jonathan Waud, Colin, Amanda, Salome, Gabriel, Jordan and Sandhurst struggling underwater to give their fiercest pose.
Implications - Advertising campaigns like this are a fantastic way to generate interest in a program or a product without having to describe in detail what that product or program necessarily entails. Any campaign that will inspire curiosity and fascination in those who see it is bound to be more memorable than that which is simple and straightforward.
Howard Schatz Fishes for ‘Make Me a Supermodel' Contestants
1. Underwater Modeling Trend - As seen on Bravo's 'Make Me a Supermodel' show, underwater modeling is a unique and captivating way to create advertising campaigns and generate interest in programs or products.
2. Experiential Photography Trend - Projects like Howard Schatz's underwater fashion photography brings a new level of experiential photography to advertising and marketing campaigns.
3. Unconventional Advertising Trend - The use of unconventional methods like underwater modeling and photography can make advertising campaigns more memorable and interesting.
1. Fashion Industry - Underwater modeling and photography is an innovative way to promote the fashion industry and its products in a refreshing and memorable way.
2. Entertainment Industry - Bravo's 'Make Me a Supermodel' show has created a new trend in the entertainment industry by introducing unique and creative ways to showcase models and generate interest in their show.
3. Advertising Industry - The use of unconventional and experiential photography and methods like underwater modeling provides the advertising industry a new opportunity to reach audiences creatively and memorably.