Located in a suburb of Johannesburg, South Africa, the 'House Lam' by Nico van der Meulen is a project focused on the remodeling of a classic 1950s-era home.
With many successful designs throughout South Africa and around the world, Nico van der Meulen achieves another stunning accomplishment with the 'House Lam.' The home has many breathtaking features, including an infinity pool and panoramic views. Massive windows are found everywhere in this expansive house, allowing for maximum natural light. The home itself is bisected by a stone pillar, which adds to the aesthetic value of the dwelling.
The 1950s-era home was gutted on the ground level, resulting in double the amount of living space.
The 'House Lam' by Nico van der Meulen is a Modern Take on a Vintage Home
1. Retro Remodeling - The trend of remodeling classic homes from the 1950s-era to incorporate modern features and design elements.
2. Infinity Pool Designs - The trend of incorporating infinity pools in home designs for a luxurious and visually stunning outdoor feature.
3. Maximizing Natural Light - The trend of using large windows and open floor plans to maximize natural light in homes, creating a bright and airy living space.
1. Architecture and Design - The architecture and design industry can explore innovative ways to remodel classic homes from the 1950s-era while incorporating modern features and design elements.
2. Real Estate Development - Real estate developers can capitalize on the trend of incorporating infinity pools in home designs to attract buyers looking for luxurious and visually stunning outdoor features.
3. Window and Glass Manufacturing - The window and glass manufacturing industry has an opportunity to cater to the trend of maximizing natural light in homes by providing large windows and other innovative solutions.