The concept of a resort vacation without Wi-Fi connectivity and TV access seems pretty cheap, but the Hotel Furillen looks to bring the luxury back to 'real-world' isolation.
The secluded resort is housed in a limestone quarry on a remote Baltic island. Founder Johan Hellstrom and his wife converted the deserted site into the design masterpiece it is now. The resort is designed by some top-notch Scandanvian architects, featuring a series of concrete hermit cabins to block out the Wi-Fi (to the eco-lover's delight!). Soon, a more isolated option will be available in the form of wooden huts that hold nothing but a stove and a multi-functional bench. There won't even be light fixtures. This place is not for the weak of heart.
The Hotel Furillen is an ingenious attraction that highlights the need for respite from digital noise.
The Hotel Furillen Concept Eschews Wifi and TV for Tranquil Luxury
1. Digital Detox Retreats - Opportunities for resorts to offer guests an escape from technology with retreats that promote mindfulness and mental wellness.
2. Eco-friendly Luxury - Demand for eco-friendly luxury accommodations that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility.
3. Minimalism Vacation - Growing trend towards minimalist vacation where people seek to simplify their lives and reduce their environmental impact.
1. Hospitality - Opportunities for resorts and hotels to create unique and luxurious experiences that provide guests with an escape from digital noise and promote wellness.
2. Architecture - Demand for innovative and sustainable design concepts that prioritize simplicity and minimalism in building materials and environmental impact.
3. Wellness - Growing trend towards mindful and wellness-oriented travel experiences, providing opportunities for resorts and spas to offer digital detox programs and sustainability initiatives.