Sliding pieces of a phone may seem slightly outdated, but the Honor Magic 2 is hoping to bring this concept back into the modern age. To say the phone is a true slide wouldn't be true but it does manage to include a sliding screen that reveals the front cameras at the top. The sliding motion is incredibly tactile and has been described as "very good." The Honor Magic 2 slide also produces a satisfying mechanical click that serves as an audio cue to the front cameras being activated.
In addition to the sliding screen, the phone also comes equipped with Honor's very own voice assistant. Known as Yoyo, this AI will most likely be limited to Chinese-speaking users.
Image Credit: Honor
The Honor Magic 2 Features a Tactile Sliding Screen for the Cameras
1. Sliding Screen Phones - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new ways to incorporate sliding screens in smartphone designs for enhanced user experience.
2. Tactile Sliding Motion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing innovative tactile mechanisms in smartphone designs to provide users with a satisfying and interactive experience.
3. Voice Assistants in Smartphones - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the capabilities of voice assistants in smartphones to cater to specific language needs of different user groups.
1. Smartphone Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with design experts and engineers to develop new iterations of sliding screen phones.
2. Mechanical Components Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovating and manufacturing tactile sliding mechanisms for smartphones that offer smoother and more reliable functionality.
3. Artificial Intelligence Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Deepening language understanding capabilities of voice assistants for improved multilingual user experiences on smartphones.