For this year's holiday season, Saks Fifth Avenue will be unveiling a 10-storey holiday window that will captivate people on the streets of New York City with dazzling lights. The special holiday display from Saks Fifth Avenue will be revealed with Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, a leading industry-based HIV/AIDS fundraising and grant-making organization.
This year's theatrical display from Saks Fifth Avenue sets itself apart as the first of its kind from the retailer to embrace digital storytelling and animation. Additionally, to pay tribute to Broadway, more than 100 Broadway dancers will be performing in 'Theater of Dreams,' a live performance on Fifth Avenue, for the unveiling of the window.
Each part of the holiday window display on Fifth Avenue has been designed to depict a different scene from a shopper's dream. Some of these scenes include the search for the perfect show and trips to the spa on the store's beauty floor.
Saks Fifth Avenue's 'Theater of Dreams' Embraces Digital Storytelling
1. Digital Storytelling in Retail Windows - The use of digital storytelling and animation in holiday window displays offers a new disruptive innovation opportunity for retailers to enhance customer engagement and draw attention to their stores.
2. Live Performances for Retail Window Launches - Hosting live performances for launching holiday window displays can create an immersive experience for customers and create buzz around the displays.
3. Themed Window Displays - Creating themed window displays that depicts a shopper's dream can create a unique and memorable experience for customers.
1. Retail Industry - Retailers can use digital storytelling in holiday window displays, live performance events, and themed displays to attract customers to physical stores and increase in-store purchases.
2. Entertainment Industry - Collaborating with retailers to provide live performances for holiday window display launches can open new revenue streams and partnerships for performers and entertainment companies.
3. Non-profit & Fundraising Industry - Partnering with retailers for holiday window display launches can create opportunities for non-profit organizations to raise funds and awareness for their causes.