Wunderkind’s Spring 2009 ready-to-wear collection takes me back to the Derelict Campaign that Zoolander modeled for Mugatu.
The hobo chic collection was heavy in layers of mismatched patterns, frumpy hats and shapeless pieces that look like something a fashion clueless chimney-sweep would put on for a first date.
So that’s a little bit harsh, but from afar, that’s what one might take away from the show. A closer inspection, however, revealed that the patterns were feminine and fabrics actually quite delicate.
I’ll admit, there’s even an item in the show I’d actually wear: the adorable charcoal knee-highs with red-trimmed tops… but that’s about it!
Wunderkind Spring 2009
1. Mismatched Layers - Opportunity to create a line of clothing that combines different fabrics and patterns to create a unique look.
2. Delicate Fabrics - Opportunity to create high-end clothing with a feminine touch using delicate fabrics.
3. Adorable Socks - Opportunity to create a line of knee-high socks with unique trim.
1. Fashion - An opportunity to create unique and fashion forward clothing.
2. Textile - An opportunity to create innovative and delicate fabrics.
3. Accessories - An opportunity to create unique and stylish knee-high socks.