An Osaka University professor has been in the media in the past few years for his unusual technological ideas, but the release of the embryonic Hiroshi Ishiguro 'Elfoid' is creating quite a stir. According to its creator, the cellphone version of the larger Telenoid R1 will be ready to hit the market in a few months' time, offering users an innovative way to experience mobile communication.
The small anthropomorphic device looks a lot like a developing fetus, but has been designed with the ability to form facial expressions and movements that mimic the user on the other end.
Watch the video to see the inventor with several Hiroshi Ishiguro 'Elfoid' prototypes interacting with a friend through the larger Telenoid R1.
The Hiroshi Ishiguro 'Elfoid' Adds Robotic Facial Expressions to Phoning
1. Robotic Facial Expressions - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating robots or devices with the ability to mimic human facial expressions and movements.
2. Anthropomorphic Devices - Potential for disruptive innovation in developing devices that have human-like characteristics and interact with users in a more lifelike manner.
3. Mobile Communication Experience - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in reimagining and enhancing the mobile communication experience through innovative devices or technology.
1. Robotics - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the robotics industry by integrating facial expression and movement capabilities into robot designs.
2. Consumer Electronics - Opportunities for disruptive innovation within the consumer electronics industry by developing anthropomorphic devices that offer a more immersive and interactive user experience.
3. Telecommunications - Potential for disruptive innovation in the telecommunications industry by redefining and enhancing the mobile communication experience through innovative devices.