Pharrell Williams collaborated with Japanese fashion icon Nigo back in 2005 to create a line of luxury clothing called Billionaire Boys Club.
Pharrell's current line of shades, which are in high demand, are now available at their online store and at their NYC flagship store.
You know that Pharrell's designs are hot when the designer/hiphop artist himself is named Best Dressed Man by Esquire Magazine.
Implications - North American society is obsessed with celebrity culture, partly because consumers feel they can live vicariously through the fortune these celebrities have attained. As such, consumers will purchase celebrity-endorsed products as a representation of their possible ascension to celebrity status. Corporations looking to capitalize on this should offer goods and services which satiate consumers' fantasy of acquiring fame.
Billionaire Boys Club's Iconic Sunglasses Now Available Online
1. Luxury Hip-hop Fashion - Opportunities for partnerships between high-profile fashion designers and popular musicians to create luxury clothing and accessory lines.
2. Online Retail Expansion - The growing trend of offering products online presents new opportunities for companies to reach customers worldwide.
3. Celebrity-endorsed Products - Increased demand for products that are associated with popular celebrities represents opportunities for companies to capitalize on this trend.
1. Fashion Industry - Collaboration between fashion designers and musicians or celebrities can create new revenue streams for the fashion industry.
2. E-commerce Industry - The expansion of online sales provides new opportunities for e-commerce platforms and businesses to reach a wider audience.
3. Luxury Goods Industry - High-demand for luxury fashion and accessories, particularly those endorsed by celebrities, can provide growth opportunities for luxury goods companies.